gunning district landcare
Trail camera competition
ENTRY DEADLINE 5PM 15 OCTOBER 2021
Gunning District Landcare is holding an exciting new competition. Anyone can enter, and entry is FREE!
Take a photo using an automatic trail camera (landcare will lend you one if you don’t have your own), explain in 100 words or less the significance of the photo, and submit it to us by 5pm, Friday 15th October 2021.
A selection of the best images will be displayed on the Online Gunning Arts Festival Website 30 & 31 October 2021. The winners will receive cash prizes of $100 each. There’s even a “lucky door” prize – a high quality trail camera!
Please see the detailed rules below, or download the PDF here.
For more information, including how to borrow a Gunning District Camera trail camera, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a competition to create the most significant, informative and/or beautiful photos with an automatic trail camera.
- Native bird
- Native animal (non-bird)
- Feral animal
- Night-time photo
- Junior entry (under 16 years)
- The photo must be taken by an automatically triggered, remotely operating trail camera. Photos taken in the presence of a human operator are not permitted.
- Photos may be taken in either movement-triggered mode or time lapse mode, using any trail camera (Gunning District Landcare cameras included).
- Photos must be taken within the Yass Valley Shire or Upper Lachlan Shire.
- Photos must be taken between 1 January 2020 and the closing date of the competition.
- Photos must be uncropped from the original.
- Simple image editing such as exposure and gamma adjustment is permitted. More extensive image manipulation (e.g., adding or removing objects or backgrounds) is not permitted.
- Photos must be submitted as jpeg images.
- Intellectual Property in any competition entry vests with you. You grant Gunning District Landcare a perpetual, transferable, royalty free licence to use the IP for any purpose associated with these events.
- Entries must be submitted via email to email@example.com together with a brief description and indicating under which category (or categories) the entry should be considered for judging. The number of entries is limited to ten per household.
5pm, Friday 15th October, 2021.
A selection of the best images will be printed and displayed on the Gunning Arts Festival Website 30 & 31 October 2021.
The Gunning District Landcare committee will choose the best photo in each of the above categories and announce the winners at the GDL Annual General Meeting in mid-November.
Each competition entry must be accompanied by a description of 100 words or less that explains why the photo is useful to the landholder or otherwise of interest.
A panel of judges appointed by the GDL committee will select the images for display at the Gunning Arts Festival and also choose the winners in each category. The judges’ decision will be final.
The best entry in each of the five categories will receive a $100 cash prize. In addition, all entrants will go into the draw for a chance to win a “lucky door” prize consisting of a high-quality trail camera!